Tuesday, December 14, 2010

new blog

I just celebrated my 39th birthday.  I am a mom to three young children.  Amber is 10, Owen is 3 and Ava is 2.  When I was a little girl I wanted and pretended to accomplish several different things as a grown-up.  I dreamed of becoming an artist, a teacher, a nurse, a grocery store cashier and a mother. I wanted to have lots of children, all with curly red hair and freckles. I can honestly say with a big smile on my face now-a-days, three is the magic number.  After all these years I've also come to the realization that I enjoy being out of the house occasionally working and pursuing new dreams.  After dropping out of college some 17 years ago, getting married and focusing my heart and my efforts on a family which I thought would be my only role in this life, I have decided that I needed to change things up a little bit.  I needed to pursue some of those other dreams I had stashed away somewhere. I want to teach my children that it's okay to try new things and come out of your comfort zone, push yourself to the limit and even do something that you never thought possible.

I am looking forward to the future and making the best and the most of the present. I created this blog because after two long and monotonous years on Facebook I feel like I need a new outlet, new form of free therapy, a new way to express myself.  I was inspired to pick up a paintbrush about a year ago after not having painted in over ten years and that felt incredible!   I really enjoy painting and photography and need to continue to dive into that form of expression as often as I can.  My art has always grounded me,  even before I knew what that meant.  When I cannot get the paints and brushes out I will blog.  Hopefully I can express in words my thoughts on raising three kids, enduring 12 hour night shifts, the challenges of pursuing and sustaining relationships good and bad and the everyday highs and lows in the life of a brown-eyed girl.

1 comment:

  1. Very well said!

    Nice to meet you!
    Michelle @ The Adventures of Supermom

    ReplyDelete