Thursday, December 16, 2010

stuck in the '80s

This is just like the Swatch watch I had as a kid

Just the other day my daughter says to me "Mom, if you could be any superhero who would you be?  My answer was "Oh I dunno maybe Wonder Woman?"  then I hear "LAME".  Of course Wonder Woman was the first thing to pop into my head.  I grew up in the 80's and I think I'm still stuck there so I'm just not WITH it these days. 

Here are just a few of my fav 80's memories...
neon colored sunglasses & clothes
swatch watches
esprit
generra
skater bangs
jellies
U2
madonna
adam ant
general public
tears for fears
depeche mode
mixed tapes
pac-man
rubix cube
mtv
o-ring bracelets
pretty in pink
breakfast club
st elmo's fire

6 comments:

  1. such a great list! you never know, sometimes what's old is new again...i've been seeing A LOT of leg warmers and slap-bracelets around these days! i still have my original swatch watch, it should be in a museum somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks bekkah. I wish I still had my swatch :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping in from MBC. I can so relate as I was an 80's girl too! Loved those Swatch watches! It's all coming back. Funny! Nice to meet you. If you'd like to check out my blog, it's www.sandboxgems.blogspot.com

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there! I'm following you from MBC:-)
    Andrea
    http://andrea-newblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss this post?!?!??! Damn traveling and snow storms!!!

    This brings back so many memories!!!! I totally want to be Wonder Woman!! With my watch watch and jellies!!!!

    I was a Madonna freak and used to dress like her!!!

    *sigh* I wish life was simple like that again....

    ReplyDelete