Monday, June 6, 2011

weekend shopping spree :

Momma's (not-so-free) therapy


Our weekend was great once it got started. I worked Friday night at the hospital on my supposed weekend off which kinda set me back a whole day because I could not open my eyes until somewhere around 3pm on Saturday afternoon.  Of course it was not for the lack of effort on my children's part for heaven's sake they were in and out of the room and in my face literally all day, until I finally rose from the dead.

I promised them I would take them to the Disney Store and that's exactly what we did.  I drove about 60 miles to the mall and with birthday money in hand we set out for the store. It was quite fun and even relaxing I tell you, getting out with my kiddos and seeing them excited and happy. They ran through the store in search of puffles and other Cars related merchandise.  Little A right away picked out a princess nightgown and a pink Minnie Mouse cell phone.





Once we purchased our loot we were off again, stopping for cinnamon and sugar pretzels. We made a few other stops and purchases before we walked passed the Claires and I spurted out without thinking "lets get Ava's ears pierced." As soon as I said that I regretted it. I got really nervous for her. Getting Miss A's ears pierced was a bit traumatic and we both remember it still to this day. But Miss A talked me into it and before I knew it, my Little A was in the big chair sitting in her big sister's lap, waiting for holes to be poked into her sweet little baby ears.  She had no idea what was about to happen and how it was gonna hurt.  What the hell was I thinking? Oh, right, I wasn't!


At the end of the day we were all happy just to have spent that time together, and of course it didn't hurt that we bought a bunch of cool stuff.  





1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I've awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award!

    Stop by Far From Camelot to get the information!

    Have a great day!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete