Saturday, September 3, 2011

Finally : a post

 
without major apologies and any further adieu... here's where we have been and what we have been up to....

July had me going back and forth from state to state, landing a new job, a great job really and moving into our NEW home and moving our things out of storage and out of our family's homes into our own.  What a feeling it is to have everything I own back under ONE roof...and THAT is just the beginning.

Woo hoo!

Reason for the move : the obvious...since the separation (hate that dang word) the kids and I have been living several hundred miles from their Dad, with my family.  It has been a difficult road to travel and I've made several trips back and forth so that the kids could see their dad, which has been very hard on my pocketbook and my kids.  I want my children to be close to their dad so that he and I can both co-parent and so that our children will have the opportunity to grow up and with their dad in their lives on a daily and constant basis. 

Whew.  With that being said...

Goodness gracious I can not thank my parents enough for all they have done for us.  They have supported me in my decisions and supported my kiddos and stepped in when I needed help during the most difficult time of my life.  I know that I would do the same for any one of my children as I am sure you reading this, would too. 

Yes, this post may be a long-ish one so just skim through until you see something that catches your eye, or if you have plenty of idle time on your hands read the entire thing.  I know, idle time? What is that?

Of course we squeezed in plenty of sno-balls, afternoons at the beach and dips in the pool between my road trips...really...what's summer without that stuff right?










somewhere between Florida and Alabama


my kids love their goggles
and their crocs, and yes, crocs are cute ONLY in a kids size 9


on my way to my first day of work (orientation)
excited as heck, missing my babies too


and here it is, the long awaited...





getting settled in


It's an old craftsman style house circa 1914, just two blocks off the main street in our little town, with a giant screened-in front porch, original working fireplace, pine floors and lots and lots of windows and space to run and play.  It's not perfect and but the house has lots of character and potential for greatness.  We are 10 minutes from the nearest State Park/beach/creek and 25 minutes from the white sandy beaches and greenish blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico...and of course Dad.


In a box that had been stowed away for several years among lots of sweet baby Amber memories and lovely hand-me-downs, we found Amber's old pair of pink Converse and a scarf that just so happen to fit Ava perfectly.


It was a difficult transition, but not anymore difficult than the last two years had been.  So, I was ready to take on the challenge.  I missed my kiddos when I left them with their beloved Mimi and Poppa.  As I traveled back and forth for work and the move, the kids stayed with Mimi and Poppa off and on and Amber continued to the horseback riding lessons.  During my first week of work I get a phone call from Mimi 300 miles away... Amber fell off the horse during a trail ride and broke her leg... my POOR baby girl.  It was her tibia, broke clean in half.  And I wasn't able to be there to comfort her.  Now it had become even more heart wrenching that I was so far away.


this was taken the morning just before she fell
Lawman is his name

one of my favorite things to photograph is a




trying to make the most of our summer


I'll never forget the day she said she wanted pigtails.  Lately she's been more open to me fixing her hair, like her big sister with pony tails and braids.  Of course I got my phone out and took several pictures.   She poses for me now, sometimes.


more beautiful sunsets on the beach





 gotta include some seagulls too!


Finally, the kids have really enjoyed seeing their dad of course and two of my three have started school.  Ahh, the summer has come to a close.  Even though we all miss family back home we have enjoyed our time here and our new home together.  It feels so good to have all my baby birds back in the nest with me.  I can't begin to explain every bit of what we have been through as a family since the separation but I can say that we have gotten through it and will continue to be strong and move forward.  Everyday is a new day.  

Amber is a 6th grader now and my sweet baby Owen is in Pre K.  He cried the first week of school and could barely stand for me to leave him.  Kinda reminds me of a little girl I remember clinging to my leg for dear life when I dropped her off at school.  Amber has a second cast, a smaller one just below her knee which should be coming off next week, thank goodness!   She has gone to school and managed to get to her classes on time, dress out for gym and navigate the halls of a brand new school with her cast on and crutches, carrying a 20 pound backpack.   Just this week Owen has done much better with the separation anxiety and has continued to have great reports from his teachers.  Little Ava insists on going to school too but I think I shall wait a little longer before I cross that bridge.  Frankly I have really enjoyed our mommy and daughter time.  It's been nice just having one little one in the backseat with me and we've enjoyed our little get-a-ways to the park too.  I didn't realize I might have actually needed some one on one time with her, and her with me.  All things work out for the best, they really do.



mommy and Ava time at the park


I promise my next post won't be two months from now.  Good night and thanks for staying till the very end!


2 comments:

  1. I love seeing your adorable family, and I'm so happy to hear all the positives in your life right now! Hope to hear them keep rolling in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable pictures . You guys seem really happy and a family full of love.
    You made my day !!!

    ReplyDelete