Monday, January 23, 2012

my vintage find :

1950'S SUNBURST ALUMINUM TUMBLERS


Found these beauties a few months ago at my favorite thrift store.  I grabbed all there were on the shelf that day and I think I remember paying five dollars for all ten. I was so excited to find such a treasure. I posted these pictures on Instagram and my cousin commented that she remembers our Grandma having tumblers just like these. A flood of memories came back to me at that moment and I realized that I had sipped juice and milk right from cups just like these at my Grandma's when I was a kid and I was very glad to have found them and to have them in my cupboard.

xxoo,
Jen


2 comments:

  1. I remember those as a kid too! I always chose those because of how cold they made your lips drinking out of them. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha that brings back memories. Found you through your comment on my MBC wall. Thanks for welcoming me in. I love the title of your blog. It's one of my favorite songs. My fiance sings (well at least attempts) to sing it to me all the time lol.

    ReplyDelete